Christ Care Small Groups
We, at Faith, are blessed to have God’s Word at our fingertips to read, study, and lead us in His will.
In our ChristCare groups we seek to know God better through Biblical Equipping, prayer, and living out Christ’s love for one another – those within our small group and reaching out to others through various missional projects. We seek to know one another better by listening, expressing feelings, accepting others feelings, and accepting one another (and ourselves) unconditionally.
- Thursday afternoons from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Leader is Anida Miarer
- Choose joy because happiness isn’t enough The joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:1. The Thursday afternoon Christ Care Group will be using a DVD on finding Joy in the Lord Jesus that helps us deal with all of the stress and messes that happen in our lives. This study will be held July 5, 19, 26 and Aug. 2nd at 3:00 PM in Room 9. Anyone is welcome to join us. If you have questions, contact Anida Miarer.
- Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Leader is Noelle Leutenegger.
Saturday Christ Care On Saturday, September 8 we invite you to join us in a new conversation. You may remember that our Bishop encouraged us in our continued focus on prayer for the year. Bishop Daniel Beaudoin shared some insights into the Old Testament prophet Nehemiah and how important prayer was to him. He was called to build the walls of Jerusalem. Throughout this endeavor he prayed – even before he laid the first stone. As he continued he prayed for strength. He prayed for wisdom. He prayed for protection and forgiveness. Nehemiah took everything to the Lord in pray. Through this study Bishop Daniel “encourages us to open our Bibles, gather with a group of friends… and learn what God desires to teach us”. Come! Experience the joy of God, the love of Jesus, and the power of the Holy Spirit as we are renewed and transformed through prayer. Hope to see you at 9 am on Saturday, September 8 here at church. Sign up on the ChristCare bulletin board in the hallway and if you have any questions check with Noelle.
During our time together we focus on four main activities:
- Community building and care
- Biblical Equipping
- Prayer and worship
- Missional service
There is no end to the variety of experiences that we have had in delving into God’s Word.
- Specific books of the Bible
- Various topics related to Christian living
- Books written by respected Christian authors